Your privacy is important to OrbitDesk.com. This privacy statement provides information about the personal information that OrbitDesk.com collects, and the ways in which OrbitDesk.com uses that personal information.
Effective Jan 1, 2016:
Personal information collection
OrbitDesk.com may collect and use the following kinds of personal information:
- information about your use of this website (including login sessions, IP address and location, browser and operating system, duration of visit, pages visited and accessed, and downloads);
- information that you provide using for the purpose of registering with the website (including name and email address);
- information about transactions carried out over this website (including items purchased or downloaded from us or other related third parties);
- information that you provide for the purpose of subscribing to the website services.
Using personal information
OrbitDesk.com may use your personal information to:
- administer this website;
- personalize the website for you;
- enable your access to and use of the website services;
- send or deliver to you products that you purchase;
- supply to you services that you purchase;
- send to you statements and invoices;
- collect payments from you; and
- send you marketing communications.
Where OrbitDesk.com discloses your personal information to its agents or sub-contractors for these purposes, the agent or sub-contractor in question will be obligated to use that personal information in accordance with the terms of this privacy statement.
In addition to the disclosures reasonably necessary for the purposes identified elsewhere above, OrbitDesk.com may disclose your personal information to the extent that it is required to do so by law, in connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings, and in order to establish, exercise or defend its legal rights.
Securing your data
OrbitDesk.com will take reasonable technical and organizational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information.
OrbitDesk.com will store all or portions of the personal information you provide on its servers or remote backup locations.
Information relating to electronic transactions entered into via this website will be protected by encryption technology.
Credit Card Details
OrbitDesk.com will never ask for Credit Card details (we use 3rd party secure 128bit encryption companies) and request that you do not enter it on any of our forms. PayPal and Stripe are OrbitDesk’s payment processors, and each has their own forms that are linked by site.
Cross-border data transfers
You agree to such cross-border transfers of personal information.
Updating this statement
You should check this page occasionally to ensure you are familiar with any changes.
This website contains links to other websites.
OrbitDesk.com is not responsible for the privacy policies or practices of any third party.
- open a Support Ticket or
- post to the Contact Us forms found on this site.
Cookies are files sent by web servers to web browsers, and stored by the web browsers.
The information is then sent back to the server each time the browser requests a page from the server. This enables a web server to identify and track web browsers.
There are two main kinds of cookies: session cookies and persistent cookies. Session cookies are deleted from your computer when you close your browser, whereas persistent cookies remain stored on your computer until deleted, or until they reach their expiry date.
Cookies on our website
OrbitDesk.com uses the following cookies on this website, for the following purposes:
- Login Session cookie to access and use the Members Area.
- Login Session cookie to compile aggregate and individual usage data.
- Other session tracking cookies as needed to facilitate third party or payment gateway transactions.
OrbitDesk.com does not currently publish Google Adsense interest-based advertisements on this website, but may do so in the future. These are tailored by Google to reflect your interests. To determine your interests, Google will track your behaviour across the web using cookies. You can view, delete or add interest categories associated with your browser using Google’s Ads Preference Manager, available at: http://www.google.com/ads/preferences/. You can opt-out of the Adsense partner network cookie at: http://www.google.com/privacy_ads.html. However, this opt-out mechanism uses a cookie, and if you clear the cookies from your browser your opt-out will not be maintained. To ensure that an opt-out is maintained in respect of a particular browser, you should use the Google browser plug-in available at: http://www.google.com/ads/preferences/plugin.
Other third party cookies
When you use this website, you may also be sent the following third party cookies, which may be used for the following purposes:
- Tracking cookies from various third party vendors.
- Session cookies related to payment gateway operations.
- Tracking cookies from our email service provider(s) such as this site or
Most browsers allow you to refuse to accept cookies.
In Internet Explorer, you can refuse all cookies by clicking “Tools”, “Internet Options”, “Privacy”, and selecting “Block all cookies” using the sliding selector.
In Firefox, you can adjust your cookies settings by clicking “Tools”, “Options” and “Privacy”.
Blocking cookies will have a negative impact upon the usability of some websites, including your access to the Members Area and it’s resources.